Discord has a lot of features and quirks, but out of all of its features, the one feature that makes it stand out more than any other VoIP service is the bots that Discord features in its servers.
There are many kinds of Discord bots, each used for different purposes. You can use bots to make your server fun and interactive. Today we are going to talk about Discord music bots.
What is a Music Bot?
You can use a Discord Music bot to play music from all kinds of music streaming services directly on to your server. To play music on any of the bots on this list, you have to:
- Join a Voice Channel.
- Type the bot Prefix Command followed by “play” and then the URL or the name of the song.
The bot will then try to look for the song on YouTube, Soundcloud, Spotify and, any other Music streaming service it supports. Some bots will let you choose the exact song you want to play if you search by name. This is because some songs have the same name.
Why Use a Music Bot?
You can use a music bot to listen to music with your friends while you chat in the text channels, or maybe even while you game together. The best thing about these music bots is that you don’t necessarily need to play music. You can play any YouTube video by using its URL. You can use this to play funny videos or random clips. Honestly, speaking from experience, this is quite fun!
Best Discord Music Bots
There are at least a few hundred Discord music bots out there, so picking one for your server is a bit tough. But don’t you worry! Today we have compiled a list of the top 7 Discord Music bots that you can pick from.
This list is in no particular order.
1. Rythm Bot – Highly Customizable & Easy to Use
The Rythm Bot for Discord is a personal favorite for many, including myself. Unlike some other bots on this list, this bot was Specifically created to tend to your music needs.
The Rythm bot allows you to change its prefix command, which is a feature you won’t see in many Discord bots. The Rythm bot is extremely customizable. Here are a few things you can do with this bot:
- Blacklist channels so users can’t play music in specific channels.
- Change Prefix Command to your liking. By default, the Prefix Command is ‘!‘.
- Limit the maximum number of songs a user can queue at a time.
- Change the Default Volume of the music.
- Announce songs in text Channels, so you know what song is playing
- Get the Lyrics of the currently playing song. This is one of the most useful features of the Rhythm bot.
Rythm offers many more features and provides high-quality music playback.
You can check out all of Rythm’s commands here.
The prefix command for Rythm bot is ‘!‘
To add Rythm to your server, click here.
2. 24/7 🔊 – Stream Radio Stations?
At a glance, 24/7 🔊 appears like a normal Music bot, and for the most part, it is just a normal Music bot. It does everything you would expect it to do with decent quality. One feature that helps distinguish 24/7 🔊 from other Music bots like it is you can stream radio stations directly through the bot. You can use a radio stream link to stream radio service directly from the bot. This is the only bot that offers this feature.
24/7 🔊 has a lot of interesting features if you’re willing to pay for the premium subscription. Some of those features are:
- Change the Volume of the bot.
- Repeat playlist or Shuffle playlist.
- Skip songs.
- Make the commands Mod Only. This will make it so only Moderators can use the premium features.
There are a few other features in the premium subscription, but these stood out the most. Overall, 24/7 🔊’s is a solid Music bot and I would recommend you give it a go.
You can check out all of 24/7 🔊 commands here.
The Prefix Command for 24/7 🔊 is ‘mb’
To add 24/7 🔊 to your server, click here.
3. Fredboat – Free and Feature Packed!
Fredboat is another Music bot used by many. Currently, Fredboat is hosted for free, for over 1,000,000 servers. Fredboat has a boatload of features and commands (pun intended). Even though Fredboat is essentially a music bot, it offers a few moderation commands and many fun commands.
Fredboat offers all the commands a music bot should have, and it offers them for free. Some of the most important features of Fredboat are:
- Play audio directly from YouTube or Soundcloud Via URLs.
- you can vote to skip a song if multiple people are in the voice channel. If the majority votes to skip. The song will be skipped.
- You can use the ‘Playnext‘ command to add a song to the top of the queue so that it plays after the current song.
- You can Rewind, Forward, or Seek the currently playing track by seconds, minutes, or hours. This by far is one of the most useful features in the Fredboat bot.
- You can also Loop & Shuffle the queue. Repeating individual songs is also an option
- Another unique but useful feature Fredboat has is the ability to keep track of all the songs that have been played in the past. you can view the history by using the command ‘;;history’
Fredboat is essentially free, and the only premium command it has is the ability to change the volume, which is only available if you donate on Patreon. If you absolutely need to increase the volume over 100%, you can do so by donating as little as $1 per month.
You can check out all of Fredboat’s commands here.
The Prefix Command for Fredboat is ‘;;‘
To add Fredboat to your server, click here.
Read Next > Best Funny Discord Text to Speech Songs
We Bet You’ll Love This: Best Funny Discord Text to Speech Songs
4. Groovy – Change the Bass and Pitch of the Audio!
Groovy is definitely one of the best Discord music bots out there. It provides amazing audio quality with a bunch of fun commands.
Even though the free version of this music bot doesn’t offer anything crazy. The premium version goes beyond its competitors offering features like:
- Changing the Bass of the audio.
- Changing the Pitch of the audio.
- Changing the Speed of the audio.
- Enabling Nightcore mode.
- Enabling Vaporwave mode.
- Enabling 24/7 mode.
- Creating and saving playlists.
This is one of the only, if not the only Music bot that offers these features. You can get a premium server for $3.99 per month.
Setting aside the premium features, Groovy offers a bunch of commands for your every-day-music-listening-needs. With the Free version, you get all the simple commands like:
- Changing prefix command.
- You can Seek, Rewind, or Fast forward the playing track by hours, minutes, or seconds.
- you can Skip to the next song, or Go back to the previous song. You can also Jump to any song in the queue.
- You can get the Lyrics of the current playing song, or any song in general.
You can check out all the commands here.
The Prefix Command for Groovy is ‘–‘
To add Groovy to your Discord Server, click here.
5. Vexera – Not Just a Music Bot!
Vexera is the type of bot that tries to make everyone happy! Not only does it play music for you but it also keeps everyone entertained, it sends memes on command, and tells you all kinds of funny jokes whenever you want!
But today we’re going to discuss the music aspect of this bot.
Vexera offers most of the things a music bot should have in its free version. From skipping songs to getting lyrics of a song. Vexera does it all. It even has the option to adjust the bass and volume of a song like the Groovy bot. Unfortunately, this feature is only available if you pay $3 per month for the premium subscription.
In my opinion that is definitely not a deal breaker. Even if you don’t invest in the premium subscription, if you get Vexera, you will have a bot that helps you keep all your friends entertained.
You can check out all of Vexera’s commands here.
The Prefix Command for Vexera is ‘+‘
To add Groovy to your Discord Server, click here.
6. Hydra – Interactive & Easy-to-Use!
This is another one of my personal favorites. In my usage, I experienced almost no stuttering and the sound quality was exceptional. One thing that stands out in this music bot is how easy-to-use it is.
If you use the command .setup the bot will automatically create a text channel for song requests. In this text channel, you and your friends will be able to request songs just by typing in the name of the song (no command prefix needed). Below the currently playing song, you’ll see 7 emojis/buttons. clicking each will act as a different command.
⏯ = Pause/Resume a song
⏹ = Stop and empty the queue
⏭ = Skip a song
🔄 = Switch through the loop modes
🔀 = Shuffle the queue
⭐ = Add the current song to your favorites
❌ = Remove the current song from your favorites
The premium subscription for this bot will get you a few extra features, similar to that of the Groovy bot. Including:
- 24/7 mode
- Demon filter
- Nightcore filter
- Change the Speed of the song
- vaporwave filter
- Increase the volume beyond a 100
You can check out all of Hydra’s commands here.
The Prefix Command for Hydra is ‘.‘
To add Hydra to your Discord Server, click here.
7. MEE6 – Just your Average Music Bot
If you’ve used Discord for a certain amount of time, you must have come across the MEE6 bot. This bot is incredibly famous in the Discord community, and rightly so! This bot literally does it all! From Moderation to Music. if you get this bot, you won’t need another bot for moderation. Mee6 is an all in one package.
Talking about music commands, the MEE6 doesn’t give you anything fancy, like Nightcore filters, or Bass-boost. However, what it does give you is a no-nonsense experience as a Music bot. Here are some of the boxes it checks as a Music bot:
- Skipping to the next track and Going back to the previous track.
- Replay the playing track from the start.
- Vote to skip if multiple people are in the voice channel.
- Increase the Volume (for Premium).
One thing I wish this bot had is the ability to loop a song or the queue. But considering MEE6 only recently added the music playing feature to their bot, we might see the loop feature in the future.
You can check out all of the commands here. (scroll to bottom)
To add MEE6 to your Discord Server, click here.
This was our list for the 7 best Discord Music Bots! All of the bots on this list have their own little quirks and features. If your favourite bot was not featured on this list, do mention it in the comment section below!