Ever since Facebook bought Instagram in 2012, both social media platforms have gotten more linked together over time. Linking your Instagram with your Facebook can do wonders for you if you’re running a business, or maybe if you want to use Social Media to market your product or service.
Linking up your Facebook account with your Instagram account comes with a whole bunch of benefits! For starters, you can easily Log in to your Instagram account using your Facebook account.
Who Should Log in to Instagram with Facebook?
Although this doesn’t sound like much, this little feature is very useful. Here are some scenarios where you would want to Log in to your Instagram using your Facebook account:
- You forgot the password to your Instagram account, but you remember the password to your Facebook account.
- Your Instagram got hacked! Fortunately, you linked it to your Facebook account.
- Your grandma wants to be “hip with the kids” but only has a Facebook account (as grandmothers do).
You might have noticed how the grandma in the last scenario doesn’t even have an Instagram account. The fun thing about Instagram is; if you don’t have an Instagram account, you can easily make one by logging in with your Facebook Log-in details.
Can I Log in to Instagram with My Facebook Account?
Well, if you’ve read the first few paragraphs, this should be kind of obvious. So, Yes. You can Log in to your Instagram account using your Facebook account. Although logging into Instagram using Facebook is easy, it doesn’t the other way around.
Facebook Does not allow you to log into a Facebook account using your Instagram Log-in details, and I doubt they’ll be adding this feature anytime soon.
How to Link Instagram to Facebook?
Now that we’ve established that logging into Instagram with Facebook is Possible. What are the pre-requisites of Logging into an Instagram account using a Facebook account?
Well, you can’t just type in the log-in details of your Facebook account and expect your Instagram account to open. You have to make sure you have linked both your accounts. Otherwise, you would end up creating a new Instagram account and would have to then go about deleting it. If you link your Instagram account with your Facebook account, you could easily access your Instagram account using your Facebook account in the future. You can only do this using a mobile phone device. You can’t link an Instagram account with a Facebook account on a web browser.
Here’s how you can link your Instagram to your Facebook account (you can only do this on a mobile phone):
- Open Instagram.com and Log-in to your account.
- Go to your Profile page and tap on the menu icon on the top right of your screen.
- After the hamburger menu opens, tap on Settings at the bottom right of your screen.
- Tap on Account and then tap on Linked Accounts.
- Tap on Facebook and then grant any permissions it requests.
- If you want your Instagram posts and stories to show up on Facebook as well, simply allow Instagram to share them to Facebook.
Congratulations! You have now officially linked your Instagram account to your Facebook account. This will make social media marketing easier for you, as you won’t need to post on both Instagram and Facebook constantly.
How Do I Login to Instagram with Facebook?
Now that you have linked both your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you can easily use your Facebook account to log-in to your Instagram account. I’m sure you’ve seen the option to “Log-in with Facebook” in many services and websites. Logging into Instagram with Facebook works in the same way.
When you open the Instagram app, below the regular log-in section, you’ll see a blue button with the text “Log-in as @Your_Instagram_ID“. This will only show up if you are logged into the Facebook app on the same device. If you are not logged into Facebook, you’ll simply see some blue text saying “Log in with Facebook“
One thing to keep in mind at this stage is: if you haven’t linked your Facebook account to any Instagram account, you can use it to easily and quickly make an Instagram account. If you simply tap/click “Log-in with Facebook” you’ll end up with a brand-new Instagram account. The account will automatically be linked to your Facebook account. But Instagram will assign you a random username, and your password will be the same password you had on Facebook.
Follow these steps to change the default Log-in details of your new Instagram account:
- Open Instagram and Log-in with Facebook.
- Go to your Profile page and tap on Edit Profile.
- Here you can Edit your Username to your liking.
- Tap on the Personal Information Settings.
- Here you can check your Email address. Make sure it is your current email address. This will help you secure your account if needed in the future.
- On your Profile page, tap on the menu icon on the top right of your screen.
- Tap on Settings at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on Security and then tap on Passwords.
- Here you can type in your Facebook Password as your current, password and then change the password to anything you like.
For Web Browser:
- Go to instagram.com and Log-in with Facebook.
- Go to your Profile page and click on Edit Profile.
- Here you can Edit your Instagram Username and confirm if your email address is the current one.
- Tap on Change Password.
- Here you can type in your Current Facebook password, and then enter your New Password.
Can I Use My Facebook Account to Recover My Instagram Account?
If you had previously linked your Instagram account to your Facebook account, you should easily be able to log into your Instagram and reset your password using your Facebook account. Follow these steps to recover your Instagram account with your Facebook account (you can only do this on a mobile phone):
- Open Instagram.
- Just below the Log-in button, you’ll see “Forgot your login details? Get help signing in.” Tap on that.
- After this, you’ll have four options:
- Enter your Instagram Username.
- Enter the email linked to your Instagram.
- Enter the Phone number linked to your Instagram.
- Log-in with the Facebook account linked to your Instagram.
- Tap on Log in with Facebook.
- You’ll be prompted to Enter your new password twice.
- You have now successfully recovered your Instagram account!
With Instagram and Facebook getting more and more linked together, it is a good idea to link both of your accounts together. Not only is this good for promoting your business online, but it also acts as a layer of protection for the average user.
Is Facebook log in with Instagram Possible?
You can log in to your Instagram account with your Facebook account. However, it’s not possible to log in to your Facebook account using Instagram.
It would be great if Facebook manages to cross-link both the services. Many users of both Facebook & Instagram have requested this for years. Now, we can’t say when this integration will arrive, but we hope that it arrives soon.
If you’re having trouble linking your accounts or logging into your Instagram with your Facebook account or anything else, be sure to mention it in the comment section below.